There are local resources to help you with networking, expansion, business planning and more. Give us a call today on how we can help!
- Grow your business with New Vision, the Yakima County Development Association
- Work Yakima Valley – Yakima Valley Job & Career Exchange
- Live Yakima Valley – Resources for moving to and living in the Yakima Valley
- Network by joining your local Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center
- Rural Community Resource Development
- Yakima SCORE Office
- Yakima County
- Washington State
- Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development (CTED)
- Department of Labor and Industries (L&I)
- Department of Licensing (DOL)
- Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Employment Security Department (ESD)
- Secretary of State’s Office (SEC)
- Impact Washington (Formerly Washington Manufacturing Services)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Technology & Innovation – Washington Technology Center
- Small Business Administration
- Labor Market Information
- Workforce Training and Development Programs
- Selling to the Government – Washington PTAC
- Grandview Chamber of Commerce
- Granger Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce
- Selah Chamber of Commerce – 509-697-5545
- Sunnyside Chamber of Commerce
- Toppenish Chamber of Commerce
- Yakima Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Public Web Resource Sites – State of Washington
www.access.wa.gov This public site provides a link to all Washington State agencies. It is useful in accessing information within the Washington State government.
www.dol.wa.gov The Department of Licensing public site provides information on requirements for licensing businesses in the State of Washington. Of particular interest is the “Washington Licensing Information” section found under businesses. Be sure to use the Washington Licensing Information (WALI) feature.
www.dor.wa.gov/ The Department of Revenue public site provides information on retail sales within the State of Washington in detail to selected cities by NAICS (North American Industry Classification Standards) code. In addition, many tax topics are covered. Be sure to look at the “Statistics & Reports” section.
www.ofm.wa.gov/ The Office of Financial Management site provides information on economic, social-economic, population, estimates and forecasts, and city and county data. It also provides links to the United States Census 2000 web site.
www.workforceexplorer.com/ The Workforce Explorer site deals primarily with employment, however it has great insights as to the general economic conditions of areas within Washington State. Of particular interest are analysis and articles by Regional Economists and comparable wages by region.
Public Web Resource Sites – Federal
www.sba.gov/ The US Small Business Administration (SBA) web site has information on SBA programs, online training and other resources. Surf the library and you’ll find information to help you in planning your business.
www.census.gov/ The US Census site is a major link to demographic and economic census data. To assist you in finding data there are a number of helps included in the web site. For instance, using “State & County QuickFacts” a statistical demographic profile can be had down to the city level. In addition, sales by NAICS code are available by state, by counties, and by metro areas. While it will take some time to explore this site, it is a wealth of information for your marketing plan.
www.bls.gov/cex/ The Bureau of Labor Statistics site provides information on consumer expenditures (CPI and cost of living) nationally, regionally, and by selected metropolitan areas.
Business Resources and Entrepreneur Support
This directory helps small businesses and entrepreneurs in Yakima County to find support or information in an area they are seeking. It is also intended to help the organizations listed make referrals to other organizations.
The Yakima County Development Association is partnering with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), and SCORE (Counselors to Amercia’s Small Business to offer a series of entry level workshops. Topics include: Planning your business, marketing, understanding financial statements, selling to the government and more.
* Legal/Patent Services: This website is a good resource: Start-Up Company Lawyer.